Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wedding Suicide

So, the concept of eloping is starting to sound better and better. I've actually had to take an entire day of work due to my wedding planning procrastination to make calls to the bridal salon, wedding planner, stationary vendor, photographer, and so on and so forth. When you’re a little girl dreaming of this big fabulous wedding, the very important factor that you don't think about is that YOU actually have to plan it!!! I emphasize the "you" because your groom to be seems to be conveniently M.I.A. every time something has to be decided. I don't think it's asking too much for him to call his stepmother and have the uncomfortable conversation about how there are only ten spots left on the guest list because it has grown to a point of ridiculousness. I don't care if he cares about flowers and cakes but geez; it's his dad and stepmother! Ok, done venting. The point is, this goes out to my friends who haven't yet begun planning their big day....when your dad offers you $20,000 to have a small wedding, maybe you should consider it. I'm sure on the day of all the planning and worrying will be well worth it, but right now it's killing me! I've come to a point where my brain sends the gag reflex to my throat at the mere mention on the word wedding, seriously I'm now hoping we have all boys so I don't have to go through this again...because if my daughter is anything like me, I'll be paying a small fortune for my raising. BTW- For anyone who was keeping count, which I'm sure no one was, the guest list has now had to be moved up to 225, and will probably be up to 250 before it's all said and done. I seriously don't know how unorganized people plan a wedding that doesn't turn into a catastrophe; maybe I’m just too anal.



P.S. Does anyone know where to find rustic bowls, urns, and platters that don't cost a fortune?

P.S.S. If anyone is bored, wanna come help me make wedding favors and address save-the-date cards?

2 comments:

  1. Uhh Hello?!?!! As MOH and BFOTB (ask for clarification if you can't figure it out) helping you make wedding favors and fun stuff like that is totally my job!!! I'm so game! I won't be home this weekend but probably will be the next so anything that can wait another week put it on hold! And have you checked hobby lobby for the bowls/urns/platters. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised - especially when they have sales. Love the floral arrangement by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'll check there next time I'm in Cedar Hill!! And yeah, it can wait till next weekend! I love you so much...and I'm glad you like the flowers because the bridesmaids will be carrying something similar!

    ReplyDelete