Monday, August 31, 2009

Inspiration and Oregano Chicken

A couple of days ago I was bored, as usual, and was reading through Jaryn's blog. I went to her sister-in-law's blog on a whim started reading. One post caught my attention. Autumn was talking about meal planning and how it saves their family time and money. At first I thought that there was no way I'd have time between school and work to prepare a home cooked meal almost every night of the week, but then I was inspired. Autumn has a busy husband and a full time job as a stay at home mom and somehow she finds the time to what's best for her family...this thought lead to my latest endeavor. I talked it over with Andrew and he agreed that meal planning would be a great idea (for his wallet as well as his stomach). Thus, we began scouring cookbooks yesterday afternoon. This is what we came up with for our first week in our new home, whenever that may be.


Monday
He's on his own since I don't get out of class until 10:00pm
Tuesday
Oregano Chicken and Pasta with Garlic bread and White Wine
Wednesday
Pimiento and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Basil Soup
Thursday
Salmon Croquettes with Grilled Asparagus
Friday
Leftovers
Saturday
Whatever my Daddy is cooking, lol
Sunday
Granny's Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Rice
I'm quite pleased with our selections! I think it will save us money and will certainly be healthier than cheese toquitos and pizza rolls. I'll post and let you know how this all turns out when the week finally comes!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Haley! I wish I had the time (and money) to meal plan. We always get a faint idea of what we will have that week for dinner but hardly make trips to the grocery store because we're crazy busy. It's normally sandwich city around here. Although tonight I may go crazy with some homeade fried rice and vegetables!
    I'm always so glad to read your blog though, keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will thanks girl!! Be sure to thank Autumn for the tip for me!

    ReplyDelete